Monday 12 September 2016

This year’s Christie Will Week is more popular than ever - Caroline Harrington

Caroline Harrington, Partner, Furness Evans Solicitors 

Caroline Harrington
Like many people in the North West I’ve experienced the amazing staff at The Christie so it’s my pleasure to help fundraise so they can continue with their fantastic and necessary work.
  
Furness Evans is based in Cadishead and prides itself on being a local firm for local people. 

Our aim is to make our clients feel valued and know they can rely on us during difficult times.  

Cadishead has a strong community spirit and this was one of the reasons I chose to move to Furness Evans nearly four years ago.   

The people of Cadishead, Irlam and surrounding areas are extremely generous people and like nothing better than rallying around to help out. I believe this is one of the reasons why this year’s Christie Will Week is more popular than ever. 

To increase awareness of this year’s Make a Will Week I placed a small article in the local free magazine and the response has been overwhelming. I know I shouldn’t be surprised as it’s always been clear to me how generous the local community is but nevertheless I have been overwhelmed by the response.  

Make a Will Week enables me to draft wills free of charge, which in turn means my clients are free to donate my fee to The Christie.  

In light of this, I’m extending my availability to the following week and would urge people to prepare a will and help The Christie.  

Many people put off making a will – some feel it is tempting fate, that they don’t have enough money for it to be worthwhile or simply that they don’t know what is involved. 

Having a will is invaluable – it ensures your money is dealt with how you would want it to be and helps those left behind deal with the estate with your guidance.  

It’s such a good feeling to know that our firm is helping to make a difference.  During Make a Will week, I’ve been inspired and touched to hear people’s experience of The Christie.  

Even if the outcome wasn’t what they wanted, the facilities have been described as amazing with the level of care and support provided by the staff described as life affirming. It is a facility that we all hope we will never need to make use of but is there should we or one of our loved ones need to.  

I have to stop writing now as my phone has just rung - someone has nipped in to make an appointment for Make a Will Week! I hope to see you too – please feel free to give me a call or pop into our office to make an appointment.  



No comments:

Post a Comment